Creative Sewing Weekends
Last Dates for 2023
22-24th September – Sold Out
Full details of what classes will be run in November are below.
We run 3-4 Creative Sewing Weekends every year at our new favourite venue, New Place Hotel in Shirrel Heath (near Wickham, Hampshire). This is an amazing hotel with a purpose built conference suite with big light, sunny rooms for our workshops and then a fabulous old, listed building for meals! Oh, and it has a leisure suite. What more to love!!
Although we might not be the sole residents, our classrooms and lunch and evening dining room/entertainment room will be for our exclusive use too. The hotel has easy road and rail access (by mainline train station) and all rooms are en-suite.
What’s Included in the basic package, priced £425:
- 2 nights accommodation at the New Place Hotel, Shirrel Heath (near Wickham, Hampshire). This fabulous listed hotel has a purpose-built conference centre, excellent leisure suite and beautifully appointed rooms with en-suite, tea and coffee facilities, single occupancy (unless you choose to share)
- Full board – dinner Friday, breakfast, lunch, dinner on Saturday, breakfast and lunch on Sunday
- Coffee/tea available throughout the day in a Coffee Lounge.
- 2 ½ days of tuition with expert tutors Friday 3.30 5.30pm, Saturday 9 –5pm, Sunday 9 – 4pm.
- Well equipped roomy conference rooms with great lighting and plenty of power points!
- Evening entertainment on Friday and Saturday
- Free WiFi throughout the venue
- Free parking
- Free to use Leisure suite with pool, sauna and well equipped gym (towels provided)
- Beautiful grounds for walks
Ultimate weekend – start the weekend in comfort, arriving Thursday to settle in, enjoy a 2-course dinner with fellow early birders and then bed and breakfast before starting class at 10am on Friday. £593 This includes tuition from 10am – 5.30pm with lunch, teas and coffees and snacks throughout the day as well as the Basic Package.
Enhanced weekend – Join the Early Birders for the Friday tuition from 10am – 5.30pm with lunch, teas and coffees and snacks throughout the day as well as the Basic Package. Cost £503
We can also offer day rates for local lasses not wishing to stay and partner rates for those who wish to bring a partner. (Subject to usual terms and conditions)
At each weekend we have 2 or three classes for you to choose from – you do the one class for the whole weekend so really get to grips with new techniques or making new projects/garments.
22-24th September – SOLD OUT
Just a bit of Quilting! with Jennie Rayment
Create your own Perfect Body Double and Patternless Top with Wendy Gardiner
Intermediate/Advanced Machine Embroidery with Lyn Quin
24-26th November – It’s Christmas!
Join Jennie Rayment and Wendy Gardiner for a weekend of fun preparing for Christmas. Jennie will be teaching a whole host of Festive makes including reuseable Christmas crackers, tree skirt, table decorations and more. Wendy will be sharing many Great Gift ideas including a cable tidy, cosmetic caddy and brush roll, pretty present placemat, weekender bag and more. Or if you want to dressmake, you can do that too!
For further details and a booking form, do email: email@example.com